Thursday, February 17, 2011

Baby's on the Move!

This weekend, baby Hannah [still no middle name yet] decided to make her presence known! For the last couple of weeks, I have been feeling a little bit of a flutter here and here. It had only been slight, and difficult to tell if it was just my imagination. But on Saturday morning (2/12), I woke up feeling a real kick! It's like she woke on that morning and decided to announce herself. She was even kicking hard enough that Josh got to feel her, which was wonderful. Ever since then, she has been kicking away. The next day, when we were driving around, she kept kicking the seatbelt!

Tuesday (2/14) was another routine doctor's appointment. Everything was fine, although it was hard to listen to the heartbeat for long since baby kept kicking it! So what we heard was more like *heartbeatheartbeatTHUDheartbeathearbeatWHACK. But as they say, an active baby is a healthy baby, so it's a good thing =)  The other part of the appointment that amused me was my weight. [There's a sentence you don't see every day.....] Apparently I have gained ZERO weight in the last month! At the Jan. 11th appointment, the doctor had said that my weight gain was just a tiny bit "brisk", but now I haven't quite gained enough weight. Good grief! I'm guessing that I managed to lose holiday fat while gaining baby weight at the same time. But I will say that being told that I'm now a little behind on the weight gain made me want to go get a milkshake!! Soooooo, that's what we did - went out for burgers & a milkshake for dinner =)

I leave you now with the latest belly pic....

5 comments:

  1. I like the middle name "Jane" but thats just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute baby mama! You look great - healthy and happy :). And yeah for a kicking baby - get that kid signed up for soccer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful! It sounds like Baby Hannah is
    enjoying herself, and making her presence known! What fun words the doctor gave to you when he suggested you could gain a little more weight :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Middle name Daryl as in Daryl Hannah the actress

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fantastic! I'm so excited for you!!! Know you have a babysitter with me!!!! Just think of the wonderful daughter I raised! :) tee hee Speaking of Genae, that would make a wonderful middle name! ;)
    Wish I could see you!!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete